Advanced Spanish in San José, Costa Rica
San José is the capital of Costa Rica. San José is one of the oldest cities in Costa Rica, founded in the 16th century, has a population of about 2 million people, and is rich in history, folklore, and monuments, both pre-Columbian and colonial. Students live for a month with judiciously selected Costa Rican families in San José and take two upper-division courses that count toward a Spanish major or minor.
The classes are taught by UT faculty. Students will earn six (6) hours credit for the two classes they take.
Applications are due each year around Feb. 1. For more information, consult the program page.
Planned program leaders are:
- 2021: Rudy Alcocer email@example.com
- 2022: Harriet Bowden firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2023: Dawn Duke email@example.com
- 2024: Millie Gimmel firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2025: Álvaro Ayo email@example.com
- 2026: Bernard Issa firstname.lastname@example.org